I haven’t done one of these in a bit. I was feeling slightly bored by them and also slightly overwhelmed by the disappointment in myself if I didn’t get achieve my weekly goals. BUT, I paid off a credit card recently and it showed me that moving forward and setting goals does get you somewhere.
- Squat 3 times this week
- Run when its sunny
- Relax – Netflix suggestions please?
It has been a bit of a weird week. Trump being our new president is still blowing my mind. It is going to be a long four years.
I failed my last weeks weekly 5 pretty miserably… but hey it is a new week right?
- Save $50
- Study ( I didn’t study at all last week ) just lesson 3. Baby steps.
- Youtube Uploads.. taking it down to 2 videos per week so I have enough time to study.
- Record workouts
- Mind rest
My parents have been gone this week and it has allowed me to feel much more relaxed and much less lonely. ( Strange how that works huh?) I think it has made me see just how important it is that I move out of here sooner than later. I can’t seem to move on in life while living under their roof. This means that I really need to study in order for me to reach the goal of moving out so that I can do online personal training on the side. It is vital for me to do in order to earn more money to pay off some bills and move out.
I think I have been so resistent to studying lately because I am afraid to fail. I know, that sounds counter productive… but I am having a hard time believing I could do it. Strange how the brain works sometimes.
I can do this.
Not going to lie, I don’t feel like making a weekly 5 this week…but I know it is important and I will.
So here it goes.
- Save $50
- Study for personal training test. Get through lessons 3, 4, 5, 6, 7. I took a bit of a break so I feel the need to re-do some lessons.
- Keep up my youtube upload schedule, but change it to Monday, Wednesday, Saturday.
- Continue recording workouts to track progress.
- Be kind to myself.
Last week I made a post called 5%. This post was based off a suggestion from my therapist that I think of ways to improve my life just 5% at a time in order to not feel stuck or overwhlemed. So on that note, here is my weekly 5.
- Save another $50
- Study for personal training test
- Lunges and abs everyday
- Commit to a YouTube upload schedule (Tuesdays and Fridays?)
A few weeks ago I was discussing with my therapist how I felt overwhelmed and stuck in my current situation. Stuck in my job, stuck in my parents house.. stuck being poor.. at least until phalloplasty.
She asked me what I wanted or how I could improve my life. I was immediately overwhwelmed. It was kind of like looking at a large algebra problem. My mind just shut down.
So instead of looking at ALL the things I needed to do to get where I wanted my life, she asked me; how can you make your life just 5% better. Working towards a goal 5% at a time. I thought that was actually a pretty cool concept and it helped me not to feel too overwhelmed.
So on that note: my big goals are mainly to have surgery, move out of this house, get a new job. So how can I get 5% closer to these goals? How can I make my life 5% better this week.
- Save money – $50 This week
- Study for my personal trainers certificate- Get through chapter 5
- Legs are lagging still– Squat everyday (even if it is just air squats )
- Make it a point to rest. ( watch something on netflix, go to a movie.. go for a walk )
- Do something out of my comfort zone.
That is it for this week. 5 things to improve 5% It might sound weird that I need to make it a point to rest but it is true. Whenever I do try to rest I get intense anxiety about all the other things I could be doing instead.
Lets see how this week goes.