I haven’t done one of these in a bit. I was feeling slightly bored by them and also slightly overwhelmed by the disappointment in myself if I didn’t get achieve my weekly goals. BUT, I paid off a credit card recently and it showed me that moving forward and setting goals does get you somewhere.
- Squat 3 times this week
- Run when its sunny
- Relax – Netflix suggestions please?
It is the start of another week and I am filled with the usual dread of the work week. I definitely need a job change. At least hating my job is one consistent feeling in my life.
I think the biggest part about hating my job is feeling disappointed in myself. I had big hopes and dreams for my culinary career but I feel as though I am playing it safe. Stability is something I needed and that was my main reason for getting into this job…but if I want to actually create, I have to do that outside of work but lately I have found myself too exhausted. I guess that could be a reason I am feeling a little less myself.
Cooking for people has always been a way for me to communicate or show my love. I need this back in my life, I need to give more, and I need to create more.
I have also officially decided to set my personal training test AFTER surgery in order not to stress myself out more. I just want to be as healthy as possible going into surgery and give myself more time to study when I will be laid up. It will give me something to do 🙂
This weeks weekly 5
- sell/send out wristbands.
- Up my Cardio
- More sleep
- Stop letting perfection paralyze me.
I feel like lately it has been a struggle to do anything but cope. Even small goals feel overwhelming. I feel like I need to escape. Epsecially this house. If there is a God I feel like he is putting me through some sort of cruel and unusual punishment.
I don’t want to admit that I am maybe dealing with real depression.. but I think at this point I am realizing my down days are more often than my good days and I don’t know how to climb myself out of this hole. I just have to try to keep going.
- Financial Fitness: Bring my grocery spending down. I spend way too much on food. This means less kombucha, and protein bars. I spend at leat $7.00 a day on Kombucha and protein bars. That adds up.
- Study 30 mins each day.
- Run when it is sunny out. ( I am keeping this because it was the only thing I was successful at last week and it makes me feel good )
- Write more
- Set up my fitness plan going into June. ( Surgery is June 13th)
It has been a bit of a weird week. Trump being our new president is still blowing my mind. It is going to be a long four years.
I failed my last weeks weekly 5 pretty miserably… but hey it is a new week right?
- Save $50
- Study ( I didn’t study at all last week ) just lesson 3. Baby steps.
- Youtube Uploads.. taking it down to 2 videos per week so I have enough time to study.
- Record workouts
- Mind rest
My parents have been gone this week and it has allowed me to feel much more relaxed and much less lonely. ( Strange how that works huh?) I think it has made me see just how important it is that I move out of here sooner than later. I can’t seem to move on in life while living under their roof. This means that I really need to study in order for me to reach the goal of moving out so that I can do online personal training on the side. It is vital for me to do in order to earn more money to pay off some bills and move out.
I think I have been so resistent to studying lately because I am afraid to fail. I know, that sounds counter productive… but I am having a hard time believing I could do it. Strange how the brain works sometimes.
I can do this.
Not going to lie, I don’t feel like making a weekly 5 this week…but I know it is important and I will.
So here it goes.
- Save $50
- Study for personal training test. Get through lessons 3, 4, 5, 6, 7. I took a bit of a break so I feel the need to re-do some lessons.
- Keep up my youtube upload schedule, but change it to Monday, Wednesday, Saturday.
- Continue recording workouts to track progress.
- Be kind to myself.
I’ve been having some hard days. Flipping in and out of days with anxiety, followed by days of depression. I am usually pretty good at getting myself out of funks but this one has been particularly hard to get myself out of. I think it is a mix of feeling overwhelmed, feeling like I am failing, turning 30 ( tomorrow ) and feeling like I miss my old circle of friends. ( This is a long story ).
I can’t help but imagine what it would feel like to leave my job and move on to the next phase in life. I imagine just walking away and figuring it out as it happens but I know that I can’t do that. I have bills to pay and surgery coming up in June. If I were to be honest, I am trying to set myself up to walk away in June.. but perhaps a little more prepared. I Just have to be patient, and I have to continue to work towards putting myself in a position where I can move on. It can be frustrating but that is what happens when you are an adult I suppose. Oh lord, I really am thirty years old. I want to live my life with more purpose. I get the most inspired and excited when I can help and inspire others. Seeing other people make a change in their lives makes me feel so happy and awake. This is why I want to get into personal training. Not because I think that everyone should strive for the “perfect” body or for six pack abs… but because seeing people take steps to better themselves makes me feel alive. I love it when people take control of their lives and do things that make them feel refreshed, happier, healthier, and excited to live!
Wow, rant over. Time for the weekly five.
- Save $50
- Study and complete lessons 5 and 6 for my personal training certificate.
- Make a Youtube Upload Schedule ( thinking Monday, Wednesday, Friday? )
- Continue to record workouts and share.
- Put old shit I don’t use up on Ebay to see if I can sell it to put towards surgery in June.
This was definitely a rough week for me. The holidays made work crazy and my body and mind were burnt out by the time I got home. I didn’t exactly accomplish as much of last weeks goals as I would have hoped.
The new year follows this week. Which… means New Years resolutions are in full swing. I don’t see anything wrong with new years resolutions. If a new year is the kick in the booty you need to step into action, then so be it. However, I recommend the weekly 5 to get you to those new years resolutions.
- Save $20
- Study and complete lessons 3 and 4 ( I tried to study but couldn’t focus enough to get through both lessons ).
- Record and share workouts. ( I Have been sharing them on twitter )
- Continue drinking 2 liters of water per day. ( I have blood tests again in february ).
- Get more sleep, be in bed no later than 8pm.
What is your weekly 5?